Monday, December 19, 2011

Taking Freedom For Granted

My fellow American sisters and brothers that love Christ, please don't take your freedom for granted. I had a war with the flesh yesterday morning about staying in the bed or getting up to go to church. I mean I had to talk to myself and tell the flesh to get behind me and realize that it was a privilege to serve him and just to be in God's house once again. Which got me thinking about the brothers and sisters around the world that wish they could worship freely.

There are brothers and sisters in Afghanistan that are getting stoned if they say Jesus. The are Christians in North Korea that have been thrown in prison camps, tortured and even killed for professing their love for Jesus. There are so many places around the globe where our sisters and brothers are in fear or there lives because they are Christians. We here in America are to afraid to share our faith with our neighbors, co workers or total strangers in fear of what they might say, think or even losing our jobs.

Its time that we stand up and be bold for Christ. You have the FREEDOM to profess what Jesus has done for you. What are you doing today to take advantage of your freedom.? Are you changing the world for him? Can someone see your light? Luke 8:16 states,

16 “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.

Are you hiding in a corner of your job reading the bible and keeping everything you are learning to yourself? Are you hiding in your house worshiping God in secret and having meeting with only Christians because you are afraid of the world? Are you going to church every Sunday shouting at every word the Pastor say but the rest of the week no one knows you love Christ?

There are different ways to expressing your faith. If you see a woman at the gas station with a car full of kids why not pay her tab. If she ask you why say because of Jesus. Tell a total stranger that God loves them and you do to. Spark a conversation with a neighbor you don't know. Share what Jesus has done to the man at the shoe store. Basically give God's love freely to others without expecting anything in return. You have the FREEDOM to do so without someone threatening your life. Don't take your freedom for granted.

P.S.
I ask that you stand in agreement with me and thank God right now in providing the freedom to be Christian to our fellow sisters and brothers around the globe. Christ died so we have the victory and I pray that the freedom we have here is manifested all over the world. In Jesus name Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Crystal. I had a battle with the flesh Sunday too, but I didn't go. I know how off balance my week can feel when I miss church Sunday. God knows I needed to hear this today, so thanks!
    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post Crystal. A very strong an much needed reminder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete