Relationship: The way in
which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of
being connected.
Intimate: Closely acquainted; familiar
So after reviewing these definitions I started thinking what
came with being in a relationship. Then I
started thinking about when being in intimate relationships there is fellowship. I thought what step do you take to truly fall
in love with a person? Then I was
blessed with an answer at a woman’s conference at my church. The woman of God that was speaking that night
topic was, Relationship with God. She
described how she set-up a date night with God weekly. She shared with us how when we are dating
someone we get all dressed up. We cook
meals and clean our house. We will go
all out. She asked us why we don’t give
the same effort to God. Why don’t we
spend uninterrupted time with God? She explained
how she would set-up candles like a date.
This woman would talk and reveal her feelings to God. She even described how she would sing and
dance.
I was so ecstatic that God had finally provided me with an
answer to my prayers. Giving it a try
was the best thing I had ever done. I
dressed up and cooked a meal. Lighting
candles to set the mood was a must. I
turned my phone off and shut the television off. God and I shared a personal praise and
worship time. This time allowed me to
grow spiritually. I realized that I
could really express how I felt. I would
find different ways I could truly show God how much I appreciated him. I was able to sit in silent with him and
allowed him to become my best friend. My
week was not complete without my date night.
Now that some years have passed I have gotten away from
doing my date night. As I reflect on
that time in my life I was truly seeking God not for blessing but just to show
how grateful I was because I am already blessed. Entering a new transition in my life right now
I feel God is calling me to his purpose and to surrender my all to him. With the revelation that this life is not
about me how can I not give God all my time.
Just like some relationship that have been together for a while we let
the spark die and take our significant other for granted. Well it’s time to put the flame back in my
relationship. It’s time to make every
day date night and give God my life.
I will recommend that no matter where you are in your walk
with God that you invest more time with him and watch you mature spiritually. Start slow if this is a new relationship for
you. Start off by committing to a date
night a week. Let the butterflies ring
in your spirit like you would with any new relationship. Tell your family and friends about him. When that thought of him appear smile or just
when a thought cross your mind give him a call just to say hi.
If you have been in your relationship a while, it’s time out
for games and time to show God that nothing else matters but him. You heard the saying the things you do to get
them is the same thing you need to do to keep.
So what was your excitement level and effort when you first got
saved? Look, he has a purpose for your
life and when you take your eyes off of him you are not walking in your full
potential that you were created for. Run
back to your first love and rekindle the flame.
Love you guys
Freedom
this is an awesome blog post.
ReplyDeleteCrystal thx u that was jus wht I needed.. I too want an intimate relationship with god and was wondering how to achieve jus that... thx u soooo so much that was truely inspirational.. God bless u on your journey............much luv nicole h
ReplyDeleteCrystal thx u that was jus wht I needed.. I too want an intimate relationship with god and was wondering how to achieve jus that... thx u soooo so much that was truely inspirational.. God bless u on your journey............much luv nicole h
ReplyDeleteCrystal, what a blessing this post is. Thank you so much for sharing your journey and your thoughts. You have encouraged and inspired me personally to grow my relationship with God. So thank you! Love you!
ReplyDeleteErica