Thursday, June 14, 2012

Free From Bondage

I have been longing to write but for some reason just couldn't.  Then I started to be pulled to my notes on Facebook and God told me to share this message I wrote last year.  Hope this message truly bless you.

Written By: Crystal 'FREEDOM' Baskin
9-30-11

I had a vision of myself duplicated 21 times in a single file line. 10 are shackled at the feet. When I look at the front of the line there is another me that has been released from the shackles and running towards freedom. There are an additional 9 empty shackles on the ground but no one in sight.   When I look at the back of the line I see 10 more versions on of me but are shackled at the hand and feet. Not looking up, scared, and timid. Then I realize this is how I am dealing with bondage in areas of your life.

For example, when I had an abortion years ago the pain struck instantly. I went into a deep depression and wore a happy mask while dying inside. I would drive by the clinic I had the procedure and just cry. If I shared my testimony with anyone the pain would automatically rise up. It seemed I couldn't let it go. Then one day while in service God spoke to me and said “I have already forgiven you why can't you forgive yourself.” That was the start of my release program. I tell you that the emotions and depression went away that day (not our definition of day – but in God's time). I was fighting with the shackles I had put on myself. But during the struggle God became my strength. He allowed me to see that I had the key all along. Before I knew it I didn't cry when I drove by the clinic. I was no longer mad at the protesters outside. I remember having a conversation about the abortion and stop in the middle of the story to give him praise because had been freed from the shackles. There was no trace of pain at all. This is a representation of the shackles left on the ground but no image of me in sight. The bondage had disappeared.

The image of me being released and running toward freedom is God working on my finances. I got a surprise today that I will be financial free in a month, owing no one but God my praise. I can't wait to say I have a positive net worth. Please understand that this is not to brag about money, it's to show God that I am walking the way he want me to in this area of my life. How can I truly be a financial blessing to his Kingdom robbing Peter to pay Paul?  I know most of you have heard the popular scripture Proverb 22:7 (The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is the servant over the lender) but my purpose is found in 2 Corinthians 9:6-14 (with the key verse being 7: Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver – Homework read Chapter 9). I have always dreamed of being able to pull up to a bus stop in the middle of winter and see a young single mother waiting for a bus and just give her the car keys. Can you imagine the glory God will get that day?  Just being able to truly love a total stranger. Also I know God has provided everything I need already and true wealth is in God not money anyway. It's time for God's children to be smarter financially and stop living above our means. If I can't pay it off that day I am not buying it. Thank you Jesus for opening the doors to teach me financial literacy. It will not stop with me either, I will teach others around me so they won't have to be in bondage.

Now the 10 versions of me that are shackled at the feet only are the issues that I am processing the release forms for. I know what those issues are and allowing God to be my lawyer. I have some minor mistakes (backsliding but not staying down) with the paper work that need to be addressed but I am determined to win no matter what. The funny thing is God showed me last night that he has cured me from backsliding (Jeremiah 3) so I am calling all my friends and family to tell you to get ready for a welcome home party. I have officially got the word that I am being freed soon (fighting flesh) but I don't have the release date (but I know victory was won when he got up).

The remaining last 10 images of me that are shackled at the hands and feet are the deep rooted seeds that I know are there but haven't discovered there true identity. The issues I hid in the back of the closet praying that God never reveals to others. If you don't know about these types of issue you are truly bless and I thank God that you never will. But for me I have not always been saved. I did things that I know I didn't care about. I have hurt people intentionally. I have had pride issues and felt I deserved so much. Yeah I was out of my mind, like I got on the cross and died for people. So those issues are hiding in a fetal position afraid to even fight. Afraid to look up at God because of the shame. The enemy is still whispering in their ears telling them they are not worthy of freedom. But what the enemy don't know that this group has a larger defense team behind them. Every one of my previous clones are ahead of them are yelling back don't give. Time to fight. We have the victory. You can do it. They are throwing shovels and saying, dig deep and pull the shackles out the ground. Even though I am humbled like a child with these issues I hear the voices loud and clear. I am getting stronger because I feel God's presence even if I have blinded my eyes. And deep down inside I know the truth. I am made in his image and in time I will be totally FREE FROM BONDAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment