Monday, October 22, 2012

TEO 5: My Apology to Men

As God continues to reveal himself to me, I see my flaws clearer and working to become a better woman for him. He is truly molding me into his image. With each step on this journey, staying focus on God, I recognize what is important in life.

Previously being so self-centered with dealing with men, I never loved them like they deserved. Heck I didn't even love myself. In relationships I would throw in the towel when things didn't go my way; I didn't see myself as a Godly woman and put everything ahead of God. Not knowing my worth allowed me to become a distraction to men and my foolish ways blocked them from seeing God. It permitted me to be blind to things I deserved as well. Instead of being a positive influence and pointing men to God no matter the circumstances, I wanted my needs met and wanted them to fill a void they could never fill. Rather presenting you a woman that is a jewel I gave you a stone that could be played with and throw to the side when you were done. I can honestly say I am grateful that God didn't answer my prayer to get married because it's evident I wasn't ready and I'm sure would've been divorced by now.

So today I want to apologize to you, men. Not only for my actions but on behalf of other women who are blind to their value. I pray that your experience with us wasn't too bad. We are still a work in progress and I ask that you don't give up on us.

Truly thanking God for a reality check. I thank you, men, for the experience because it allowed me to seek God's face and be the woman that is strong enough to stop blaming others for previous pain. I know now I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I ask that you pray for me to continue to grow spiritually and I am praying the same thing for you. Have an awesome and blessed day.

Love & Peace

Crystal Freedom Baskin

4 comments:

  1. I can truly relate to this letter. Good Job Crystal....You spoke for many of us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post sis. So many times us women blame men for EVERYTHING, meanwhile not understanding that we have take responsibility for the part and role we have played in failed or bad relationships. It takes 2! And if you're doing it right, it should take 3, and God should be #1. :-) You continue to inspire me and others. Keep doing what you do. I will be praying for you and I know you'll be praying for me too. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lovely ladies for your response. You already it was God flowing but I am so grateful to be used. This revelation run deep and it is time to stand up and be the women God called us to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just sharing with a friend of mine that women need to begin to take more responsibility for the fact that we are not treated how we want/need/deserve to be treated in relationships. Allow God to continue to prepare you for the man He has for you.

    ReplyDelete