I haven’t
been able to write in a while. Not sure
if it was writer block or me being afraid to share this. Well it is time for me to be
transparent. I pray this helps
someone.
I noticed a
stranger following me. Everywhere I went
the stranger would be there. Then one day I looked in the mirror and the
stranger said I am you. My mind spoke
but my eyes were in disbelief. What had
happen in such a short period of time? I
felt the old me inside but looking at this imposter in my reflection.
I stopped
taking pictures. I hated having to go to
events or be seen by people I hadn’t seen in a while. I would avoid people I knew when I would see
them in public. Shopping for clothes
turned into crying in the dressing room and depression. I have dealt with low self-esteem most of my
life due to being thin. By the age of 31
I had become comfortable in my skin. I finally
loved me.
Well my low
self-esteem started all over again. I
gained 40 pounds in a 3 month period and the other 10 pounds happen due to no
exercise. When I stood up I would swell
up in my upper body and face and cause much pain. Also my heart would race for no reason at
all. These symptoms ended my workout
plan.
A friend of
mine that is a doctor told me I may have an overactive Adrenaline Gland or
Cushing. The symptoms matched but no
test would confirm this diagnosis. All I
knew is I wanted it to go away. What I
learned is it all started from stress. I
was dealing with grief on multiple levels.
I lost love, then my dad, my job, and then my identity.
During this
time I was amazed at people comments.
There were rumors I was pregnant.
One person told me I should eat less.
It’s just amazing what people let come out of their mouth before
thinking. No one ever asked was I
ok. Never thought it could be a deeper
issue. I had doctor basically tell me I
was just fat.
By the grace
of God I am finally adjusting to the new me.
I have lost 25 pound without diet or exercise. I feel God allowed me to experience this to
have a better understanding of others. He
wanted me whole and to make sure I loved myself no matter what. He also was showing me to trust him more and
more. I hope you see God even through
the pain and tears.
So my advice
to anyone that may feel like a stranger is invading your life I recommend that
you abide in God and you will see the real you.
When you feeling down stop, pray and worship right then and there. If you are not happy with yourself do
something about it. Look in the mirror
and tell yourself you are beautiful every day.
Jesus died for your joy so let it show.
If you need
someone to talk to, cry with, or a prayer request contact me.
Wow... It has often baffled me how people failed to realize that "skinny" girls had just as many identity issues as bigger woman concerning weight. Moreover, this message needs to be shared with all woman. It's about having joy where you are, loving yourself despite how society says you measure up. Thanks for sharing this Crystal. As you Bask-in the Lord's love for you, you free me to love myself more. XO
ReplyDelete