As you may or may not know my dad went to be with God on January 5th. This is the first time I have experienced death so close and fully understood everything. When the doctors told us he wouldn't make it but a day or so I prayed for God's will to be done. So when he took his last breath I trusted fully that God wanted him home with him. Now I would be lying if I didn't tell you that my emotions were trying to control me but I knew God know exactly what he is doing. So I shed tears and then I started worshiping right in the hospital. I was crying with a smile because I knew my daddy was cracking jokes with Jesus. I realized that my dad didn't have to deal with chemotherapy anymore. He didn't have to walk with a cane. He was no longer in pain and truly free.
Now I know everyone mourns differently but I am here to tell you you can experience peace in death. If you allow God to move in your heart. If you call on him in your time of despair and be honest by telling him you need him, peace will consume you. Please notice I didn't say he will give you peace. You already have it through the holy ghost the question is are you conscious of it.
I remember the first time I experienced the peace that passed all understanding. I had being praying for God to reveal truth concerning a relationship. Well lets just say he slapped me in the face with the truth and reminded me that I already knew what was going on all along. Well my anger was so intense, lets just say I understood how crimes of passion happen, but God. Well just when the anger was about to explode he whispered in my ear you got what you prayed for and peace consumed me. I mean the anger disappeared just like that. I could actually smile.
Well this is the same peace I experienced in the hospital. This is the same peace you can experience today. Even when I have my moments through out the day where I cry it doesn't take away my peace. I just remember the great daddy I had and realize I am so blessed. I know my daddy is still with me and he is forever locked in my heart. So today I say whatever you are going through, rather you lost someone, rather you are stressed about a relationship, a job, children, whatever the circumstance call on God right now and watch his peace consume you.
Love you guys and may you experience peace everyday

AMEN!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a very mature understanding and it reminds me of what Jessie Duplantis said about his mother when she was sick. Jessie stated he had a will for his mother but she had a will for herself and the prayers were tying up Gods' will.
ReplyDeleteYour going to have your moments its natural. Your father will be missed. I looked at the watch we received on fathers day when Henry preached and I got a little misty myself. And every time we would see each other we would point at our watch. Bennie
Crystal your message was profound. Losing my dad in 2005, after a lengthy illness I can relate to all you said, regarding the peace of God during very difficult times. Reading what you wrote felt like the same experience with different characters (you and your dad, instead of me and mine)in the roles. Your funniest point:"you understand how crimes of passion can happen". Most inspiring point: We already have the peace of God through the Holy Ghost" Amen!! God is so good! God is love, God is EVERYTHING!!! Stay strong my Sister-In-Christ. Peace & Love, Carolyn T.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for sharing the message and picture of dad, he was very handsome. Carolyn T.
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for your Crystal. I agree with the previous person who commented on this being a very mature and profound message. I will not say, "I know how you feel"...because I don't. But I definitely empathize with you, having lost someone very close to me for the first time last year. Love you. May God keep you Crystal....
ReplyDeleteE
Powerful words of wisdom. May God bless you with continued peace during this difficult time. If you need anything, don't hesitate to holla @ your sis. Love u much!! Deepest condolences.
ReplyDeleteCrystal, it's so wonderful to witness when others recognize The Lord's presence...and publish it. Keep smiling, keep growing, and keep spreading.
ReplyDelete