So lately I have been thinking am I making a change in this world for God. I mean is my life affecting others in a positive way and making God proud at the same time. You see there was a time when I thought I couldn't be a major affect in this world without a lot of money. Then God showed me that a penny can change a life. Then I thought I didn't have enough knowledge of the bible to change the world. I mean I know people that can quote the whole bible but God showed me he can use a rock or a donkey to get the job done. I thought to myself I didn't speak with flare so who would want to listen to me. But he showed me that I have the holy spirit and he can control every word that come out of my mouth. I even questioned my writing skills because I make grammar errors but God put a burning urge in my to write and every time I do he feeds me the words to help somebody.
So I came to the conclusion that I was finding flaws in myself and God showed me that I was made in his image and I can do all things through Christ. So I decided to do everything I can to help change this world. Whatever he need me to do I will do. I stopped looking at things I do for God as simple and not enough and realized that the simple things can change a life and even the world.
Let me give you a few examples. I remember one summer, for a few days, I was a camp counselor. I had anywhere from 6-10 girls. We had conversation, laughed, prayed and talked about life. I shared with the young ladies personal experiences. I had to leave early to go back to work but enjoyed every minute of it. The following year I couldn't go to camp but went to the departure spot for the campers to drop my niece off, who had taken my spot as a counselor. While standing outside I heard out of the blue, “Mom that's her, thats Crystal.” I turned around and the girl was one of my campers from the previous year but I didn't remember her name. She had tears in her eyes and hugged me so tight. Her mom came to me and said thank you for helping my daughter last year and changing her life. I was speechless because I didn't even remember what I did. I didn't do anything spectacular. Everything I did was simple but this young lady thought it was major.
God allowed me to see another example of simple things changing lives through my dad. The other day my mom told the UPS delivery guy that my dad had pasted away, since they use to have conversation all the time. The man started crying in disbelief. He said my dad was always so nice to him. He shared with my mom that my dad told him that if he ever needed safety or got into any trouble to know he could always knock on our door. Now he stated that this wasn't the first time somebody told him that but my dad was truly sincere and he could feel it. He even said he went back to his church and told the congregation about my dad and how nice of a man he was.
Now these two simple examples are God's way of showing us that it doesn't take much to change a life or the world. All it takes is a willing heart and you walking in the spirit. Look, you never know who is watching you. Your actions throughout the day could change somebody life. So give somebody a smile, stop and speak to the delivery guy, give that .50 in the cup holder to the man on the corner or simple give a hug and watch God move in the simplest things. I will end with one of my favorite quotes, “How many people are better of because you live?” Think about it and get to moving.
Love
Freedom
I think they we sell ourselves on the opposite of what God says we are. When believe who God says we are then we can walk into our destiny with Great Confidence. If we take this same idea and apply it to church attendance and take that more serious we can influence more people just by what we over hear. Bennie
ReplyDeleteThat is so true Crystal. Just living your life everyday in such a way that you treat others the way you want to be treated can truly be a blessing to someone. Little things are just as important as the big deeds. Thank you for sharing your story and allowing God to use you to His glory. Love you! Erica
ReplyDeleteI have to pass this on to others, Crystal!! Just a few kind words or giving away ".50 from the cup holder" can make a person feel warmer. Change for Change. God Is!! We determine our destination, He just sets out the path that we need to follow! Great Job Lil Sis!!
ReplyDelete