Monday, March 19, 2012

Universal Language

While traveling a couple weeks ago I came across the key to an easy life. I seen people of all backgrounds, all colors, different religion to express the key. The one thing that I noticed in people interaction was the universal language, LOVE. Yes I feel LOVE is the key to life. If God is love (Agape) and he instructs us to love one another as Christ loved the church or love thy neighbor as yourself, then I believe God was given us a hint to how to solve every problem we have today.

Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:12

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother. 1 John 4:7-21

With my own personal testimony, I can look back and see when I didn't know real love in my life and was on a search for it I allowed all hell to break loose and thought it was ok to experience some bad things if it meant I could have what I thought was love. When I didn't love myself thats when most of my problems existed. It's not like I didn't grow up with a loving family. My family told me everyday that they loved me and still do to this day. But it was a void I was trying to fill through men, negative attention, being a follower and not a leader, and just letting low self-esteem consume me. I was searching for the one thing that only God could give, LOVE (Agape).

I remember the day God first showed me the depths of his love for me. I was in the sanctuary in a deep depression due to an abortion. It was so bad that I had thoughts of leaving this world. The depression had me so blind that I was in the presence of God and felt nothing. I felt I was already dead. But God, let me say that again, BUT GOD. I cry every time I think about that day. He whispered, Crystal I have not left you and I have forgiven you why can't you forgive yourself. I felt that God had wrapped his arms around and engulfed me with a LOVE I had never experienced. Instantly the sadness that had taken over my life had faded away. Don't get me wrong I had my days where I had to tell myself (flesh) the depression was gone and I didn't have to live like this but when those times came I thought about God's love and helped me to get to where I am today. I will suggest that if you are experiencing sadness, confusion or depression run to God and express every feeling. His LOVE will bring you unspeakable joy.

In my opinion I feel that if we just truly fall in love with God, I mean get a true understanding of how much God loves us, it will make it easy to love others no matter where a person is in their life. You will love them right where they are and know God is working in their lives. You can pray for someone that hurt you and love on them because you know as much as you don't deserve God's love it is always there for you. I mean think of the times when you weren't even thinking about God and he got you out of a situations where you know you should have died. So today why not show everyone, yes that mean your enemies, some love today. Give them the key that God give to you, unconditionally LOVE.

Love Freedom

1 comment: