Saturday, April 21, 2012

Steps to Maturity - 4/11/12


Well family I have been thinking about relationships lately.  As I am maturing in my walk with Christ I have realized so much about myself dealing with past relationships.  I use to blame men for my hurt.  I have come to the conclusion that it was not the men fault.  I didn’t love myself and truly didn’t love the men in my life like they should have been loved.  There are three categories of men that I have experienced in my life.

The first men were what I called frogs.  You know the story of princess and the frog.  But this frog never turned into a prince.  At the time the frog had the right to hurt me because I allowed it.  I kissed some frogs but I realized that during this time I was a frog myself.  I also didn’t know my self-worth.  I can say now that I truly do appreciate the experience with the frogs because it makes me appreciate the great man God will send to me. 

The next set of men that I have experienced I would say is a mixed of a frog and a prince.  This is the time in my life where I was confused about what I wanted.  So I allowed a man that was confused to enter my life.  I knew I didn’t love myself and was searching for love that men could never give me.  I was happy that God showed me what real love is and allowed me to realize I needed to grow. 

The last group of men is the prince.  Now these men were awesome but was not the prince for me.  I want to say thank you for showing me what a Godly man looks like.  You showed me how I should be treated even though I was not ready for you at the time.  I always said I was ready for love but when it came God showed me I had some growing to do.  So I took the mature way out and worked on me. 

Today, I am truly ready for love because I am whole, thanks to God.  I know my worth and know God is true love.  I am ready to give love and not expect anything in return because I know that is what God intended for us all.  I know I can love a person right where they are because we are all a work in progress.  So to my Prince, I know that this is not a fairytale but real life.  I know there are up and down in relationship but I promise to work hard at our future and will not give up.  So whoever you are I am waiting with open arms and an open heart.

So if you can recognize any of these experience or categories in your life I pray God reveals truth to you.  I pray that God make you whole so you can really experience love and truly appreciate it.  Love you guys

Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment