Saturday, April 21, 2012

Victim to Your Trial - 4/11/12

There are so many times we give testimony of our trials.  We wear them like a badge of honor.  But I have seen and experienced where I have become a victim of my trial.  Let me give you an example.  As some of you may know I had an abortion years ago and it cause me a deep depression.  At first God allowed me to share to help others.  But I feel that God was trying to move me past that ordeal and instead I continue to testify about the trial.  I would tell people like I had to impress people and showed how God had used me and brought me to through the ordeal.  Now if you pay attention to my last statement please realize how many times I used me.  See I had made this trial about me and not about God.  I feel God allow us to go through things to show his power and strength.  To remind us that he has our back.  I am not saying you can’t give a testimony to help other but take it for all its worth and move forward.  God should get all the glory.  In one of my favorite songs there is a line that says, “In Christ alone I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. In every victory let it be said of me my source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone.”  


I also realized the more I focused on the trial the more my emotions remain attached to the event.  I would relive the trial over and over again.  God is trying to release us from the trial.  The more we hold on to it the more the door can’t be closed and another one open.

As time has passed I have learned that some trials are you to share with others and some are lessons for you.  I also learned that if you be silent and let God lead he will tell you what to do with the trial so you don’t have to fall victim to your trial.  If you find yourself as a victim turn your attention back to God and he will show you the way to move forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment